Constructed between 1910-30 for use as Bradbury’s shop, now several shops.
In Thames Policy Area.
First shop in this group fills in what was the alley through to Bradbury’s yard and down to the wharf on the canal.
Bradbury’s were wholesale grocers founded c1840. By the 1890s they occupied 108 and 109 and ran a fleet of 20 horse drawn vans delivering to shops up to 20 miles away. Their warehouse is still at the rear. It has a cobbled yard, remains of the hoist and metal window frames. The firm closed in the 1960s.
Under threat of demolition.