Kew Bridge Road,
Built in 1860s as a pub.
Locally Listed as “56 Kew Bridge Rd, plus numbers 57-60 Kew Bridge Rd”
In Kew Bridge Conservation Area
Building thought to date from the 1860s. Trading seems to have started in the forecourt that developed in to Brentford Market. Plaque commemorating the Trafalgar Despatch unveiled August 2009.
The pub was just across the road from the Q Theatre which functioned between 1924 and 1956. Actors such as Dirk Bogarde and Kenneth More would often drop in after performances and Charles Hawtrey was sometimes persuaded to play the piano in the bar.
Mentioned in Alfred Pearce’s poem of Fifty Pubs on Brentford’s High Street, 1948.