In St Paul’s Conservation Area.
Group of three, 3-4 storey houses that are on the 1894 OS map.
Marked “Blenheim Villa” and Hambledon House”.
Residences built in the 19th century.
In Butts Conservation Area.
These Victorian houses on the north side of The Butts were built in what had been Ronald’s orchard. They appear on the 1894 OS map. The Ronalds were very significant in horticulture as one of them developed many kinds of new apple. The orchards may have extended as far north as what is now Somerset Rd.
The Tithe Map of Brentford in 1841 shows that the area of the town west of Drum Lane (now Ealing Road) was tightly packed buildings between the High Street and Albany Road with open ground beyond. Running north to south is a blue line marking the route of the brook. Parallel with the water course is a narrow road and at a sharp bend there are four cottages later called Brook Terrace. Continue reading