The Pottery Arms

The Pottery Arms

25 Clayponds Lane
TW8 0BN

Built before 1888, rebuilt 1921/2

History

First named in 1888. Rebuilt 1921/2 to Nowell Parr design.

Study of site done by Chiswick Library local studies in 2009 when it had been closed for some some time.

As of September 2013, being converted into houses.

See Pub History

Fullscreen-LogoQR-code-logo
The Pottery Arms

loading map - please wait...

The Pottery Arms 51.489046, -0.298519 The Pottery Arms

The Princess Royal

The Princess Royal

The Princess Royal

The Princess Royal, 107 Ealing Road, Brentford, TW8 0LF

Was and is a public house.

Rebuilt 1921.

Originally built in 1841. Nowell Parr designed the rebuild in 1921.

Further Information

Brentford’s Griffin Park is the only football ground in the UK with a pub on each corner, and this is one of those four pubs.

The Princess Royal

Fullscreen-LogoQR-code-logo
The Princess Royal

loading map - please wait...

The Princess Royal 51.488031, -0.300858 The Princess Royal see full page article

The Ditch of Eastbourne Road

The Ditch of Eastbourne Road

“The Ditch”

A reader calls attention to the condition of the narrow thoroughfare at the bottom of Eastbourne Road, and which is locally referred to as “the ditch”. Building operations are proceeding in the immediate vicinity, but whether this fact has anything to do with the state the lane has lapsed into we do not know. Our informant says the mud is two or three inches deep and the place for a long stretch a quagmire. He suggests that a few loads of gravel would bring about an improvement much to be desired, and doubtless official attention will be given to the grumble.

Middlesex Independent 01 January 1921