Original building designed by F&H Francis dates from 1867. Spire is 1869. Extended by Michael Blee,1992.
In St Paul’s Conservation Area.
The original building designed by F&H Francis dates from 1867. Spire is 1869. The foundation stone was laid by Princess Mary Adelaide Duchess of Teck. It’s built of Kentish ragstone and was damaged by bombing during WW2. Repairs in 1953 were by M Farey. In 1992 it was refurbished, the roof lowered and a new Church built to the north. Design was by Michael Blee who also designed the post war All Saints in Isleworth. It has an RIBA Award and was commended by the Civic Trust.
Locally Listed as “56 Kew Bridge Rd, plus numbers 57-60 Kew Bridge Rd”
In Kew Bridge Conservation Area
Building thought to date from the 1860s. Trading seems to have started in the forecourt that developed in to Brentford Market. Plaque commemorating the Trafalgar Despatch unveiled August 2009. Continue reading →