Waterman’s Arms

Waterman's Arms

Waterman’s Arms

Waterman’s Arms
1 Ferry Lane
TW8 0AW

Pub rebuilt in 20th century, possibly designed by Nowell Parr;

Locally listed as “1-3 Ferry Lane”

In Thames Policy Area

History

In existence since 1751. Rebuilt in 20th century.

Remnants of an earlier building c.1790 can be seen on the exterior flank wall; the front is Edwardian and is almost certainly by Thomas Henry Nowell Parr: Mock Tudor above the ground floor with his hall mark, Doulton glazed tiles and Art nouveau glass in the windows on the ground floor.

Interior not inspected.

Further Information

Mentioned in Alfred Pearce’s poem of Fifty Pubs on Brentford’s High Street, 1948.

The Waterman’s Arms

Fullscreen-LogoQR-code-logo
Watermans Arms

loading map - please wait...

Watermans Arms 51.484717, -0.301437 The Waterman\'s Arms see full page article