Catherine Wheel Road
Built as a pub in 1928 and so remains.
In Grand Union Canal & Boston Manor Conservation Area; Thames Policy Area
Building of character first mentioned in 1888 directories. Raised above road level to avoid flooding during high tides. 1928 by C.E. Mallows a well known “arts and crafts” architect. Vernacular style with mock timber framed interior. Local landmark and good candidate for listing. (English Heritage 2000)
Mentioned in Alfred Pearce’s poem of Fifty Pubs on Brentford’s High Street, 1948.