Magpie and Crown PH
128 High Street
Original public house built in 1614, rebuilt in 1920-30s.
In Thames Policy Area
The Pye’ is recorded in 1614. Magpie & Crown by 1722. Rebuilt and for some reason set back from the building line 1920s/30s(?)
Believed by one historical source to be designed by Nowell Parr.
Mentioned in Alfred Pearce’s poem of Fifty Pubs on Brentford’s High Street, 1948.
Currently a fine real ale pub.