Boston Manor Road
Residence built early 19th century, now social club.
In St Paul’s Conservation Area.
Early 19c. Occupied by a Henry Kendall in 1853 although the building seems to be older than that.
1854 was a private nursing home for ‘mentally defective patients’ run by Dr Gardiner Hill. Lady Rosina Bulwer Lytton, wife of Edward Bulwer Lytton 1st Lord Lytton the Colonial Secretary was sent there for 3 weeks that year.
1877 home of Stephen Woodbridge – solicitor and secretary to the Local Board.
1930 – Women’s branch of the National Unionist Association.
At the time of writing (2013) a developer has been trying to obtain planning permission to convert the building into flats which has since been turned down.